Program Goals & Objectives
The Health Promotion program provides support to NITHA partners in the area of health promotion by developing strategies and teaching Partnership to deliver First Nation based programs and services at the community level. The NITHA Health Promotion program also offers leadership, innovation and vision in the planning and implementation of short, medium and long term initiatives aimed at supporting the NITHA Partnership in promotion healthy values and behaviours.
The role of the NITHA Health Promotion Advisor is to:
- Advise the Partnership on Health Promotion theory and practice
- Assist in development of health public policy in relation to smoking cessation, regular physical activity, balanced nutrition, obesity, mental health, substance abuse and chronic conditions
- Focus on a developing tools and resources to promote the health of the community
- Networking with outside partners
- Keeping the Partnership informed through the development of various communication materials, such as, reports, presentations, posters, social media, brochures, newsletters, feature stories, among others.
For contact information, please visit our staff page.