A critical role of the MHO is to provide on-going collaboration and engagement with various stakeholders within a multi-jurisdictional environment. The MHO provides strategic direction, leadership, coordination of the NITHA Public health unit.
Key responsibilities of NITHA MHO
- Disease Surveillance- Monitoring the rates of communicable and non-communicable diseases; developing of relevant policies and procedures
- Public Health Consultation- providing appropriate consultation on public health issues to NITHA partner communities and other relevant agencies
- Health Promotion and Advocacy for Public Health Causes- Promoting good health and well-being among NITHA community residents
- Health Education- Providing in-service training of community health staff in regard to public health matters
- Environmental Health- Monitoring, providing consultations, on environmental health issues such as drinking water, animal bites, air quality, and food safety
- Planning and Evaluation- Supporting NITHA partners communities with community health planning and evaluations
For contact information, please visit our staff page.