Program Goals and Objectives
Clinical and Health Services:
- Apply knowledge of clinical and medical concepts, clinical care processes
- Analyzing clinical workflows for the purpose optimizing value and use of health information systems and applications
- Applying commonly used formats, structures and methods for recording and communicating clinical data and how these are incorporated into health systems and application use.
- Fostering the adoption and appropriate use of health information systems in clinical settings.
- Facilitating clinicians’ use of electronic decision support tools.
- Promoting the need to balance the privacy of personal health information with improved care delivery and health system management.
System Maintenance & Support
- Provide surveillance including assessment, correction, documentation and resolution of system errors and problems for users.
- Provides training, guidance and advice to users and end-users of information technology system.
Communication and Teaching
- Develop and deliver formal orientation and continuing education for the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Provide advanced EMR support of a clinical nature to the Nurses.
For contact information, please visit our staff page.