Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services is an incorporated non-profit First Nations health organization delivering health programs in the communities of Pelican Narrows, Deschambault Lake, Southend and Sturgeon Landing. PBCN Health Services is committed to striving for excellence, innovation and strengthening community development in health delivery.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Working in the community of Pelican Narrows and reporting directly to the Home and Community Care Nurse Manager for all clinical matters and to the Health Director for all administrative matters, the Home and Community Care Nurse Coordinator/ will use her nursing, teaching and assessment skills effectively to assist clients to attain their optimum level of independent functioning. The Home Care Nurse/Coordinator is responsible for providing nursing care within the Scope of Practice and in accordance with PBCNHS guidelines and policies.
- Provide direction and supervision to Home and Community Care staff who report directly to the Home Care Nurse/Coordinator for clinical matters.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and evaluation of the Home and Community Care services provided in the community.
- Provide the Home and Community Care Nurse Manager with a monthly report of statistics, admissions and discharges.
- Utilize effective, interpersonal communication and physical assessment skills in the development of a client centered nursing care plan.
- Provide active or palliative nursing care to clients in their home based on physician instructions.
- Continually assess the client’s progress, using the nursing process, providing input for changes in the clients care plan.
- Must be a Registered Nurse or Registered Psych Nurse in good standing in a Canadian Province and be able to obtain registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association.
- Previous work experience with Home Care, Long Term Care, or Community Health Nursing with First Nations people.
- Two or more years of experience in acute care nursing is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & public relation skills;
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: depends on Education & Experience
Benefits: PBCNHS offers comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Extended Health Care and Pension.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to:
Human Resources Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 953-4425 Fax: (306) 953-0899
* Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Click here for the PDF version