Dental Oral Health Aide
MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a dynamic motivated individuals to fill two full-time position of Dental Oral Health Aides.
Reporting to MLTC Dental Therapist Supervisor and under the direction of the Director of Health, the Dental Oral Health Aide will work with the Dental Therapist Supervisor and Dental Therapist to provide preventative services for the MLTC First Nations Communities.
POSITION DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Gather dental and medical history consent forms.
- Complete all aspects of: Dental service daily record, COHI participant list, COHI aide monthly report, COHI services record, screening form in an appropriate confidential manner.
- Implement and Deliver a fluoride varnish program for 0-7 year old children.
- Deliver oral health information sessions to parents/caregivers, grandparents, expectant mothers, single dads, consisting of basic oral hygiene methods and to include motivational interviewing technique.
- Conduct home visits to discuss oral health issues and to explain services available.
- Distribute oral health information for community use.
- Arrange and book appointments with parents/caregivers for COHI services.
- Establish a dental home for infants and children.
- Establish a referral system to oral health professional, for children requiring dental treatment.
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- On-site training on COHI – Children’s Oral Health Initiative Training Module.
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver chronic disease programs and services in a holistic and culturally appropriate manner with Indigenous peoples.
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Ability to travel and must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Work with minimal supervision, independently and prioritize multiple demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional Supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Cheryl Roy, MLTC Nursing Program Manager @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, January 25, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.