Resolution Health Support Worker (RHSW)
(Term position ending March 31, 2019)
The MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a highly motivated individual fluent in the Dene language to fill a term position ending March 31, 2019 as Resolution Health Support Worker. The successful candidate will support the Indian Residential School claimants and their families who are engaged in the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Individual Assessment Process (IAP), or other litigation processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide front line emotional support to Residential School claimants and their families.
- Maintain confidential files of services to claimants and their families.
- Liaison with the MLTC Elders Council via MLTC Elders Coordinator.
- Make referrals for therapeutic and traditional healing to Health Canada Regional staff.
- Act as a key resource for MLTC / MLFN parties involved in ADR, IAP and court processes.
- Utilize MLTC staff & MLFN community based Health and Social Development programs to provide services to IRS claimants & their families (i.e., Addictions, Wellness/Mental Health, Family Support, etc.).
- Utilize Regional Health Authorities and Health & Social Development Programs to provide services to IRS claimants; participate in claimant court hearings; and maintain up to date schedules of hearings through liaison with IRSRC.
- Attend residential school community & regional resolution events whenever possible.
- Bachelor of Social Work or must possess equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in working with First Nation communities and their culture/traditions.
- Ability to work with other professionals as a team member or independently.
- Extensive travel is required to the nine (9) ML First Nation communities and other locations where claimants and their families may reside.
- Have excellent organizational, decision making, and professional judgment skills.
- Applicants must speak and understand the Dene language.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Cheryl Roy, MLTC Nursing Program Manager @ (306) 236-5817
or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.