Chronic Disease Management Nurse Practitioner
The MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to fill the full-time position of Home Care & Diabetes Nurse Educator.
This Position plays an essential role in two components of MLTC Health Services Delivery Plan. The MLTC Home Care & Diabetes Nurse Educator will be expected to work with each of the nine Meadow Lake First Nations to continue to achieve their vision for home care that includes all of the “Essential Elements” of the Home and Community Care Program. This position will also integrate in-depth clinical expertise and experience in the provision of diabetes prevention and education, screening, and quality clinical care for clients, families and health professionals.
The Home Care & Diabetes Nurse Educator will carry out her/his role by demonstrating effectiveness in the following areas:
- Community Development; Training-Capacity Building
- Program Support; Nursing-Home Care Support
- Policy; Program Reporting Requirements
- Communication; Advocacy,
- Program/Specialty Development; Education
- Client/Families; Health Professionals; Students; Community Organizations
- Departmental; Research
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing; & candidate must be currently eligible for registration with SRNA.
- Possess a combination of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in full time clinical experience in Chronic Disease & management; Community Nursing; Client/Family professional education including teaching/counselling, facilitating, and leading group activities; program/resource development related to needs assessment, planning, program design, implementation, and evaluation; experience working with Indigenous people.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations and Metis customs, family systems, practices, health needs and health care organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver diabetes programs and services in a holistic and culturally appropriate manner with Indigenous peoples.
- Maintains related CDM certification.
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Ability to speak or understand a First Nations language is an asset.
- Ability to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Will possess excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills; strong supervision/management skills; excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Cheryl Roy, MLTC Nursing Program Manager @ (306) 236-5817
or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, October 5, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.